Our Practice aims to provide you with the best possible treatment and advice at all times and to help you keep healthy. We are committed to ensuring high standards of care to you and your family and we seek your support in working together.
- Treat you as an individual, with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Offer quickly the most appropriate care, given by suitably qualified people who will explain your condition and treatment programme to you in a simple way.
- Ensure that the practice premises are clean, comfortable and accessible for all patients including those with disabilities.
- Offer appointment times that are flexible and meet your needs.
- Offer you a consultation for a non-urgent appointment with a doctor of your choice within ten working days subject to availability.
- For urgent cases, offer you an appointment on the same day, although this may not be with the doctor of your choice.
- Provide home visits to the genuinely housebound or seriously ill, although the visiting doctor may not be the doctor of your choice. Prior to making a home visit, we may wish to seek from you brief clinical details of your condition. This will enable the doctor to assess your need.
- Endeavour to provide repeat prescriptions within 48 hours subject to clinical need.
- Give you access to your health records, subject to any limitations in the law and treat all information/personal details in strictest confidence.
To enable us to provide the best possible service we expect you to:
- Tell us if you are worried or unsure of any aspect of your condition or treatment.
- Arrive in good time for appointments and if you have to cancel an appointment, please do so well in advance.
- Endeavour to contact us prior to 10.00am if seeking a home visit or, if at night, only when you are too ill to attend the surgery the following day.
- Request your repeat prescriptions well in advance.
- Treat the practice team with courtesy and respect at all times. Any person who is violent or abusive will be asked to leave the premises or the police may be called.
- Follow all advice and complete any course of medication your doctor gives you.
- Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle at all times.
- Advise us of any changes to your name and address.